Room to Read is a US based international non-profit organization. We envision a world in which all children can pursue a quality education, reach their full potential and contribute to their community and the world. To achieve this goal, we focus on two areas where we believe we can have the greatest impact: literacy and gender equality in education. We work in collaboration with communities and local governments and partner organizations across Asia and Africa to develop literacy skills and a habit of reading among primary school children, and support girls to complete secondary school with the life skills they’ll need to succeed in school and beyond. Room to Read currently work in Bangladesh, Cambodia, India, Laos, Nepal, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Vietnam, and Zambia. To learn more about Room to Read, please visit www.roomtoread.org.
Room to Read is working in Bangladesh since 2008. We are inviting applications from Bangladeshi nationals to work in the following regular position:
Administration and Accounting Officer
(Based in Cox’s Bazar) Initially the contract will be for 1 year with possibility of extension
The Administration and Accounting position will assist Project Manager in carrying out all Administrative and Accounting related activities of Project Office. The position will provide general help as and when required by members of Room to Read Field Office. This position will reports to the Project Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare monthly/quarterly/annual procurement plan and carry out all procurement following as per monthly/quarterly/annual plan
- Collect quotations and prepare comparison sheets for locally procuring the materials at the Cox’s Bazar field office level following all requirements of the purchase policy and other relevant policy and guidelines as well as Government regulations
- Vendor Communication
- Assist Project Manager in preparation of bidding documents and prepare comparison sheets for entering into the contract
- General assistance in repair and maintaining Office premise, Warehouse and equipment of Cox’s Bazar Project Office
- Conference/meeting room preparation
- Review of expense reports & writing Cheques & Vouchers and timely disbursement to employees, partners & vendors;
- Approves payments, purchase authorizations and other financial transactions to ensure compliance with staff rules, financial rules and implementing instruments/authority.
- In close coordination with Program, maintains a system to monitor and forecast cash requirements
- Bachelor Degree in education / social sciences or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in development projects, preferably in education
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills and a team player
- Ability to travel daily to target schools in agreed district
We offer competitive salary. The benefits include:
- Provident Fund
- 13th Month Bonus
- Discretionary Performance Bonus
- Health coverage including spouse and children
- Professional Development opportunities. The most significant benefit is the opportunity to work with one of the fastest growing international organizations, which has sole focus on education & continuously innovating efficient & effective social entrepreneurship
Interested candidates meeting the above requirements should apply online through https://osv-rtr.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/RoomToRead/job/Bangladesh—Coxs-Bazar/Admin-and-Accounting-Officer_R-00792 on or before 05 November 2018. Any persuasion attempt will disqualify your candidacy. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Room to Read is an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying & developing
the skills & leadership of people from diverse backgrounds.
“Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply”